MYTHICA

Freeing the whispers of my mind

Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Who I am"...

My name is Anthea.
My pen name is Anthea May.
I am 19 years old.
I am studying Journalism.
My family has lived in the same house in Vanderbijlpark since I was one.

Ok, so now you know my name, my age, what I do, where I come from.
But you don't know me.
Yet.
That's because a person isn't made of stats. Sure, what Home Affairs has on file (hopefully anyway) is important. But, despite what people tend to believe, that's only the beginning of who a person is.
To me, a person's identity is not determined by your mane, age, history, morals, friends, wardrobe, bookshelf, pets or qualification (but they do count).
To me, a person is their thoughts.
Here are mine,
here is me.

The name Mythica was born while playing Need for Speed Underground 2 (for the sad, sorry souls who don't know what that is, it's a pc game. And a very good one at that.)
It was one of those moments where the thought just pops into my mind. As far as I know, I'd never heard the word before. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it has a reasonable usage, particularly on the net.
Anyhow, "Mythica" is the name that I feel describes the inner me better than any other.

So welcome to my thoughts...

No comments:

 

Laughing does more than make you feel good, it could save your life. Did you laugh today?

My Blog List

  • - *Coming to Rhodes will turn you into a snob.*Coming to Rhodes will in everyway not turn you into a snob. In many ways it is probably the opposite, Rhodes...
    15 years ago
  • Explore. Let's go to Europe to Dance. - Something about this aesthetic appeals to me. Think it's the dude in glasses and people just living their lives as they're choosing to design them. ATIKA ...
    4 years ago

Mythica

My photo
Who am i? Who are you? If truth depends on facts which others can change, and reality is little more than perception... surely a definition of "ME" is, to some extent at least, superfluous? maybe. but then again, maybe not.... I am currently a drama and Radio Journalism student and hope to one day produce and direct music video's.

Labels